Sony Off-The-Record: Credit Card Details Probably Safe

PSN

Sony has said off the record that credit card details are probably safe.

There have been several reports of users having false withdrawals from their accounts, now it seems there may be a glimmer of hope. BBC’s Technology Correspondent, Rory Cellan-Jones has mentioned that Sony are not confirming anything on the record, but off the record are saying that credit card details on the PlayStation Network are “probably not compromised.”

We’re not getting anything on the record from Sony, but off the record they’re saying, credit card details are probably not compromised, but that is obviously a big worry for people who use the network.

He goes on to mention that Sony have announced two new tablets, but considering the PSN issues, these announcements may have come at the wrong time.

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati

7 Comments on "Sony Off-The-Record: Credit Card Details Probably Safe"

1. Carl April 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm - Reply

People need to chill out a bit. Heck, people’s info may not have even been touched by the hackers.

2. justin April 27, 2011 at 10:14 pm - Reply

people do need to chill a little but they should be worry also but im not worry i just use a prepaid debil walmart card which is already deactivated

3. Brian April 27, 2011 at 10:26 pm - Reply

I agree. Until people start having problems people need to calm down. We need to use this incident though to get everyone to agree to laws to go after hackers. We have a huge security issue. The FBI can’t do much about hackers if they live in a country like Russia or another criminal country. Those countries need to be dealt with. We need the ability to lock up these crooks.

4. PSN April 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm - Reply

” in a country like Russia or another criminal country. ”

i lol’d

5. soozypoo April 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm - Reply

i used my debit card 2 weeks ago on psn to purchase avatars for my son,i thought nothing about it until sunday when my bank called me about a suspicious transaction on my card for £100,it was the only place i’ve used that particular card on and have never been the victim of card fraud before now.

Bank has their fraud team investigating and all my bank accounts have been locked down as have my internet banking for safe measure by the bank,and they also cancelled the card the transaction was made from,so i think it is something people should be wary of,until I get to view my statements again i have no idea how much other transactions were made,but the company they named i googled and was based in portugal

• D.Vader April 28, 2011 at 5:06 pm - Reply

It was likely a proxy company. But these sort of things are pretty easy to deal with now. I mean you got a phone call from your bank. I think people are over reacting, but that is nothing new. People are sheep.

6. D.Vader April 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm - Reply