This incredibly scrumptious and easy one particular-pan dish by English meals celebrity Nigella Lawson has develop into my go-to recipe for quick and tasty dinners, states Denene Erasmus. She provides that it’s incredibly significant to cook dinner the child peas from frozen, otherwise they go mushy.
- 8 items of chicken with skin on and on the bone (thighs work ideal, but you can also use breasts and drumsticks)
- 500g frozen toddler peas
- 250g leeks
- 3 shallots (or medium-sized brown or purple onions)
- 3 significant cloves of garlic, crushed
- A handful of mint leaves (optional)
- 60ml white wine
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1. Warmth the oven to 180°C.
2. About chop and then wash the leeks. (It is vital to wash the leeks after chopping to make absolutely sure you get rid of any dust that could be concealed between the layers.)
3. Peel and slice the shallots or onions in 50 % lengthwise.
4. Place the frozen peas, chopped leeks, crushed garlic, wine, olive oil and lemon juice, as very well as a fantastic seasoning of salt and pepper, in a big roasting pan and mix effectively.
5. Set up the rooster parts and the shallots on top of the pea and leek combination. Brush a tiny olive oil in excess of the rooster and sprinkle coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper more than the rooster.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, then just take it out of the oven and gently blend some mint leaves into the peas. If you are not utilizing the mint, carefully convert in excess of the peas to make absolutely sure that they don’t commence drying out.
7. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until finally the skin on the chicken has turned brown and crispy.
8. Serve with some rice, mashed potato or another starch of your alternative.