The Highland County Board of Commissioners met Wednesday early morning and a single of the main topics discussed was upgrading the Highland County Pet dog Pound.
Fee president Jeff Duncan said there have been problems with the pound and there has been “a fantastic bit of money” put in repairing it up.
A contract approved by the board mentioned DS2 Architects and a new roughly 6,000-sq.-foot animal shelter. Duncan mentioned the board of commissioners has been hunting into the risk of upgrading the facility and what that could possibly entail and charge.
Another matter mentioned was that the Fairfield educational facilities obtained a grant from the Ohio Section of Transportation to extend a sidewalk primary to the faculty. Duncan reported there is at present a sidewalk that partially runs from the village to the school as considerably as the industrial park. He said the commissioners have had discussions with the school and they just wanted paperwork from the commissioners.
Commissioner Terry Britton reported the new sidewalk would hook onto the current sidewalk at the industrial park, and that he believes there will also be a crossing where by the sidewalk crosses S.R. 771.
In an additional matter, Duncan also explained a new roof for the Hi-TEC Center is becoming put in and warned individuals that if they’re likely north of city, there will be building taking place.
The board mentioned it received a note from Fairfield Power expressing it was likely to check on natural gasoline charges, as they think there’s a opportunity it could enhance, but just desired authorization from the board to do so. Duncan mentioned the enterprise testimonials the county’s fuel and electrical energy rates and advises the commissioners on what business and charges are finest. He explained the county has been performing with the firm for quite a few many years.
There were two resolutions authorized by the commissioners:
* Resolution No. 21-143 provides authorization to reimburse resources from Public Youngsters Expert services S-03 to Public Support H-00 in the quantity of $50,000 for June 2021 shared price tag reimbursement.
* Resolution No. 21-144 is authorization to reimburse funds from CSEA to Public Support H-00 in the amount of money of $8,471 for June 2021 Child Support Shared Cost Distribution.
There have been 6 contracts permitted by the board of commissioners:
* Contract 56 is a IV-D Agreement Modification between the board, CSEA and the prosecutor. Duncan explained the contract is finished each calendar year if not extra typically.
* Contract 57 is among the board, Jobs and Household Providers (JFS) and Highland County Local community Motion Business (HCCAO) for a Acquired Provider Agreement from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
* Deal 58 is with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation/Correction for a Subsidy Grant Settlement for JRIG — Probation Division.
* Contract 59 is involving the commissioners and Highland County Community Motion for operate to be accomplished on a assets. The resources, according to Duncan, are going in the direction of the rehab of the residence.
* Contract 60 discusses updates to the doggy pound or a new building completely.
* Agreement 61 is among the commissioners and DS2 Architects for a new information storage facility.
Get to Jacob Clary at 937-402-2570.
Highland County commissioners (l-r) David Daniels, Jeff Duncan and Terry Britton, are pictured throughout their weekly Wednesday conference.